Image sliders are a very upscale feature included natively in many premium themes, or premium plugins, however today I have the pleasure of reviewing for you one free slider plugin with some awesome premium features. The plugin is called Cyclone Slider 2.
This plugin is is beautiful, and easy to use. It has enough options to allow you to quickly create and embed image slideshows in your posts and pages, without being complex or confusing. You won’t need a manual to understand it either as the interface is very well designed.
Here are some of Cyclone Slider 2’s best features:
- Easily add multiple images to one slider.
- Image Title and Description appear as a transparent image overlay which looks snazzy.
- Each slide can have it’s own URL and you can choose to open the link in a new window, or in the current one.
- Sliders can be sized to just about any dimensions you want.
- Multiple transition styles available. Define one style, or make each transition different per image.
- Using shortcodes, the image sliders can be embedded just about anywhere.
- Slides can be re-ordered by dragging and dropping them.
Cyclone Slider Plugin Uses Custom Post Types
Another nice feature of the Cyclone Slider 2 plugin is that slideshows are actually created as custom posts, which means you could in theory, make a nice slide show and use it as a sidebar widget, or embed it on several different places on your site inside other posts or pages. This makes it very versatile and the slideshows have their own library section for management, so you don’t have to hunt all over other posts to find your slide shows.
Responsive and Modern Styling
Some developers are better at design than others, and the developer responsible for this plugin certainly seems to have a handle on what good Web 2.0 styling looks like. The sliders are just simply beautiful to look at, and the titles and descriptions are easy to read, yet not distracting to the images. The responsive design also means the sliders adapt generally to different screen sizes.
Overall, Cyclone Slider 2 is a great little plugin, and one worthy of dressing up your “magazine” style blog pages.
And you really can’t beat the price. 🙂